Rental cars are available at each of these airports, and Alpine Taxi provides comfortable and convenient shuttle service. Please note that directions from mapping services are not always reliable.
Driving directions to Steamboat from Denver:Use the address 42605 County Rd. 36, Steamboat Springs, CO
- Take I-70 West out of Denver toward Grand Junction.
- Exit at Silverthorne/Dillon (exit 205) – take Hwy 9 North for 37 miles to Kremmling. Turn left onto Hwy 40 West for 55 miles, over Rabbit Ears Pass and down into Steamboat Springs. Hwy 40 becomes Lincoln Avenue, the main street through town.
- Turn right/north (away from the river) at 3rd Street, (note Post Office on corner). The school is 4.6 miles from this intersection.
- Turn right at the next stop sign, Fish Creek Falls Road.
- Continue up the hill and turn left on Amethyst Drive. Please note the 25 MPH speed in town.
- Follow Amethyst as it winds around the hill and past the public schools on the left. Amethyst Drive will become County Road 36/Strawberry Park Road. Follow this road for 4 miles. The speed limit is 35 MPH all along County Road 36, and it is well-patrolled. Pass Perry-Mansfield Dance/Theater camp on the left.
- Look for the Steamboat Mountain School sign on the left. You will see rustic buildings and the main building, Charley Williams Lodge, is flying the American flag.